Putting on makeup is not just like a painting or a coloring book colored by a 5-year old kid. Remember the reason why you are putting on makeup on your wedding day – to look prettier and in order for you to really look the best with your makeup on, you’ve got to master the basics.
Before putting on your bridal makeup, you’ve got to prepare first a smooth canvas just like a professional artist preparing his canvas. You can do this by starting off with a clean and moisturized skin. This makes your makeup glide on and blend more easily.
1. Free your skin from buildup by applying a gentle skin cleanser at night before going to bed and in the morning before putting on your bridal makeup. When cleansing your face, always do it gently and in upward motion. Do not pull, tug or scrub to prevent irritation.
2. Apply a toner to freshen up. Your toner should contain ingredients that suit the type of skin that you have.
3. Hydrate and indulge your skin with a moisturizer that is compatible with your skin type. The daytime moisturizer should have SPF for protection against the harmful rays of the sun.
4. Treat your skin with a facial regimen for 2 or 3 times in a week. Apply a mild cleanser, and exfoliate with a relaxing and gentle scrub.
5. Apply a relaxing and cool facial mask. Rinse off and get a good and perfect night’s sleep.