Believe it or not, wedding etiquette can sometimes be more important than a wedding. Well, why not? With all the people attending your wedding, it’s really right to follow the proper wedding etiquette and protocol so as no to hurt people.
Here are some tips about the wedding etiquette you should follow on your special day:
1. Before telling your wedding plans to others, tell them to your parents first unless you intentionally want to hurt them!
2. Never ever make your guests feel as if they need to pay for your wedding.
3. Make sure to make the bride’s parents sit last. It signifies that the wedding is about to begin.
4. Never advertise the wedding gift registries on your wedding invitation.
5. Only those invited in the wedding should be invited to the wedding shower.
6. Use your wedding presents only after the wedding!
7. If you are a wedding guest, never ever assume that it’s okay to take a date with you unless it’s specified on the invitation.
8. Don’t expect to receive gifts on the wedding day. The guests have one year to do it.
9. Send thank you cards to your guests.
10. If you are the guest, never ever wear white.
11. Dress appropriately.
12. Turn off your mobile phones during the wedding ceremony.
13. Don’t take your children with you in the wedding ceremony.
You might think it’s hard to practice the protocols and etiquette on wedding. It’s really not, truth be told.
Just think of how you would like to be treated by others.